The Center of Praise Ministries was conceptualized from the visionary directive given to our founder and visionary, Bishop Parnell M. Lovelace, Jr. While a student at Oral Roberts University, Bishop Lovelace was given the mandate to begin a ministry in his native home of Sacramento, California. The ministry has served to embrace people of all backgrounds with a message of unconditional love and abundant grace.
Center of Praise Ministries had its first organizational meeting on October 17, 1989 in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Leroy C. Jones (Evelyn). The church met in various locations until acquiring a facility on Investment Circle in Rancho Cordova, which was purchased in 1995. This 10,000 sq. foot mission-centered east campus complex now serves as the hub for administration, outreach and fellowship.
In January 2003 our beautiful historic 25,000 sq. foot edifice was acquired. "The Cathedral" is located in the heart of downtown Sacramento at 1228 23rd Street at Capitol Ave. The Cathedral is accessible by Regional Transit Light Rail.
CENTER OF PRAISE MINISTRIES, 1228 23RD STREET (at the corner of 23rd and Capitol), SACRAMENTO, CA 95816 ©2013 - 2014 Center of Praise Ministries. All Rights Reserved.